A new office building is taking shape in a former warehouse on Charleston’s upper peninsula.
The Lumberyard is a 60,000-square-foot, multi-tenant office structure adapted from a 1950s-era building supply shop at 1859 Summerville Ave. off King Street Extension. Spaces can be adapted to business needs in the one-story building, which is being redeveloped.
The building’s base work is expected to be completed by Aug. 1, and a couple of tenant spaces are being upfitted simultaneously for move in by the middle of August, according to Blake Middleton of Middleton Group Architecture Studio.
The Middleton Group worked with local graphic designer Gil Shuler to create the branding and overall look for the project.
Charleston-based real estate investment firm RCB Development owns the building, which includes a 4,000-square-foot outdoor covered patio and amenity space. It’s being marketed for office, flex, showroom and retail uses.
Source: Post and Courier